Piano Exam Pieces & Exercises 2021-2023: Initial
This book contains a selection of 12 pieces for the Trinity Piano Initial exam, carefully chosen, graded and edited by a panel of experts, along with informative performance notes to help students and teachers get the most out of the repertoire. It also includes the exercises required for the exam, which have been newly composed for the 2021–2023 syllabus.
Encompassing a wide range of styles and genres at every grade and with more pieces in each book than ever before, this progressive series provides a wealth of engaging repertoire for any pianist.
An extended edition of this book is also available. This includes everything in this book along with the scales and arpeggios for the grade, an ebook of nine extra pieces (with performance notes) and downloadable audio for all 21 pieces.
- Old German Dance (Praetorius)
- Allegretto (no. 9 from 24 Short and Easy Pieces, op. 1) (Reinagle)
- Summer Swing (Müller, ed. Wild)
- March Time (Vogel)
- The Giant (Papp)
- Into the Distance (Wild)
- Boogie (Daxböck)
- Echo Dance (Yandell)
- Please Stay, Chihuahua (Gerou)
- Merlin's Incantation (Walker)
- Kindergarten Blues (Gruber)
- Muay Thai (The Boxing Star) (Thuntawech)